Using Portfolios to Enhance Teaching and Learning in Medicine
Incorporating authentic examples of practice and facilitated discussion, this webinar will explore how a portfolio-based teaching and learning approach can be applied in Medical programs.
A panel of invited academics from Medicine departments from several universities will share examples from their teaching to stimulate discussion around the use of portfolios to enhance teaching and learning in Medicine.
The topics explored in this webinar will include pedagogical challenges such as:
- Improving student reflective practice
- Development and validation of clinical skills
- Problem based learning
- Work-based learning and assessment
- Tracking and reporting on student progress
- Professional identity formation